Thursday 18 December 2014

Shakira





















Owerview

Date of Birth 2 February 1977, Barranquilla, Colombia

Birth Name  Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll

Nickname       Shaki

Height 5' 2" (1.57 m)

Bio
Shakira known as a latin pop singer born in Barranquilla,Colombia 
Shakira began her musical career at age 12 and quickly captured fans throughout Latin America. She won the 2001 Best Latin pop Grammy for her "MTV Unplugged" album.Her father is labnese American and her Mother is a native colombia of Italian and Spanish decent.she annonuced engagement to Antonio de la Rúa, son of the president of Argentina in 2001(they have been together since 2000)Shakira and boyfriend Gerard Pique welcomed son Milan in 2013. The couple later separated in the summer of 2010.She is the younger of 8 siblings and she is Arabic for "grateful" or "full of grace."Shakira named her Album  "Laundry Service" because when she is in love she feels "clean and fresh"Shakira paved the way for Spanish crossover acts when she released her 2001 album Laundry Service. The success of "Wherever, Whenever" was followed by other hit singles like "Underneath Your Clothes" and "Hips Don't Lie," a Wyclef Jean collaboration for the Dirty Dancing 2 soundtrack. She has since continued to release both Spanish and English albums, with her most recent being She Wolf.

Personal Quotes
  • I admire a person who, for the love of art, is able to take off their clothes in front of a camera. But I'm not capable, I'm too cowardly for that
  • People think I like to expose my body. But I don't. It's just because the dance moves require it.
  • I don't obsess on my flaws because I see my body as a whole. Besides, I think men appreciate confidence more than perfection.
  • Nationalism is cured by traveling

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Powered by Blogger.

Business